Monday, February 16, 2009

what's new with you?

january is a great time to set new goals and to hear from God about fresh vision for our lives. i’ve enjoyed hearing God urge me to move forward in several areas of my life: family relationships, personal health and fitness, extended networking/influence and last but not least, new design projects in my day job! new things keep me excited about life. God asks that we sing him new songs! created in God’s image, we all yearn for new things to keep life fresh and vital.

recently we drove to atlanta to check in on our favorite new person, linkin urijah miller. link is five months old now and we totally want to be in our grandson’s life. we’ll need to lose some of the old things that used to take our time in order to make space for this new little bundle of relationship.

what is a new thing for you this year? new job, new hobby? a new goal you’re achieving? a new project you’re diving into?

what’s new with you?

5 comments:

  1. I'm starting a diet and exercising everyday trying to get to 165 (I'm at 182). I've given myself 2 months and created a point system for myself. So far so good, but I'm only into it 2 days, I'm hungry and my whole body hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm recommitting myself to regular exercise & healthy eating. I've always loved to exercise, but I'm not feelin' the love right now. :0)
    I tell myself how refreshed my mind feels afterwards & that does help. Man...do I need tons of encouragement in this area right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New? Other than my son and the continual learning that comes with that, I am not sure I have anything new going on...which could be part of why I am feeling like life is a little flat and mundane. I think of projects I would like to start or activities I would like to do but then the excuses, doubts, or cries come. The thought escapes me and, in the next quiet moment when I try to find it again, I end up having to start all over again. I think the place I need to start before I embark on anything new (which I would like to do!) is to make a list of a few new things I would like to do. Then I will choose something and go. Okay, so goal for the week is to decide what new thing I am going to do. And with that...Linkin is waking and it's time to feed again...not new but awesome just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two things to focus on for this year are "Work and Work Out" and "Spend Time Not Money."

    I'm trying to really embrace my work and enjoy the process and blessing of being able to do it no matter the remuneration. Working out, as Chris said, gives back in better emotional balance, mental clarity and physical well being.

    Spending time not money is a reminder that the relationships are the things I truly value in my life, not the things I have. I'm focusing particularly on my nuclear family and my relationships with each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have begun to workout again and just as Chris said- I am not feeling it right now (well I am feeling it physically...but mentally when the clock goes off at 5am I cringe). But, the older I get, and my 30's have been rough so far..the more I realize that my God hangs out in those hard places.
    I have also tried to commit to offering people more grace in my life. This is even harder than working out. I have to forgive more, and judge less...two things that are very hard for me.
    Then of course there is lent...I finally decided...I am letting some people and things go...I am keeping what they are quiet because someone wise told me...if you let something go...if it comes back to you then there is freedom in that. I will keep you posted.
    So---here I go...wish me luck

    ReplyDelete